You've Had a Water Damage..Now What...
After walking into water filling your basement or hearing that dreaded noise of water over flowing from some room in your home thoughts of what to do next can make your head spin…..
What do I do? Who do I call?
SERVPRO of Clarion Jefferson and Forest Counties is always our answer for that at 814 849-5653. Our phone is answered 24/7.
But as always….we want to give you some good advice! Here are some quick tips on things you can do:
- Shut off the source of water if possible.
- Turn off circuit breakers to prevent any electrical shock.
- Call SERVPRO of Clarion Jefferson and Forest Counties to get crews headed your way.
- If you water loss is not a large loss, let SERVPRO come in before submitting a claim to insurance.
- Call your insurance company to see if this particular loss will be covered.
- If you are able to, mop up excess water to help drying time. DO NOT use a household vacuum to suck up water. Using a household vacuum could cause electrical shock.
- Remove any important items or documents, move them to a dry area.