Recent Water Damage Posts
Tips to Prevent Water Damage
This has been a very wet Spring! Looking ahead to Summer very shortly and if Summer is wet as well here are some great tips to help reduce the potential for water damageon your property.
- Ensure Good Drainage
- Clean your gutters and repair if sagging occurs.
- Direct downspouts 5-10 ft. away from the house.
- Inspect your gutters' capacity - after 15 min. of heavy rain, if water overflows the gutters, install additional downspouts.
- Adjust landscaping and irrigation so that water flows away from the foundation.
- Test Your Sump Pump
- Run your sump pump every few months and clean it annually before the rainy season.
- Prevent backflow of sanitary sewer water by installing backflow valves and standpipes at all basement drain locations, including sinks and toilets.
- Fix Water Leaks
- Repair any noticeable dripping pipes & check for dark spots under pipes and on ceilings.
- Repair any cracked caulking.
- Inspect the roof for missing, lose or damaged shingles.
Prepare your basement "just in case" by raising your washer, dryer, water heater, oil tank, furnace, all electrical wiring and personal items above typical water backup levels.
Fantastic Tips from Houselogic: National Association of Realtors
6 WAYS TO PREVENT FROZEN WATER PIPES
Despite Punxsytawney Phil's prediction of an early Spring we still have some freezing weather to get through before then.
Here are some tips on ways to help prevent frozen pipes.
1. Open kitchen and bathroom cabinets to allow warmer air to reach plumbing/pipes.
2. Keep all garage doors closed, especially if there are water supply lines in the garage.
3. Keep your thermostat set to the same temperature during the day and night, making sure it is never below 55 degrees F.
4. Allow the faucet to drip if it is served by pipes on an exterior wall. Running water through the pipe can help prevent pipes from freezing.
5. Make arrangements to have a neighbor check on your home during a cold spell if you are out of town.
6. Turn the water off at the main if you know you will be away for an extended period of time.
Stay warm neighbors, and remember SERVPRO of Clarion, Jefferson & Forest Counties is here for any water and/or fire emergencies you may have!
Our emergency restoration technicians are available 24 hours a day. Give us a call if you need help at 814 849-5653
Faster to your North Central PA Water Damage Event
Flooding and water emergencies don’t wait for regular business hours and neither do we. SERVPRO of Clarion Jefferson and Forest Counties provides emergency cleaning and restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—including all holidays.
Faster To Any Size Disaster
Flooding and water damage is very invasive. Water quickly spreads throughout your home and gets absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, and more. SERVPRO of Clarion Jefferson and Forest Counties arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately. This immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7 – 814 849-5653
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
North Central PA. 24 Hour Emergency Water Damage Service
SERVPRO Clarion, Jefferson & Forest Counties and SERVPRO of Clearfield County is available 24 hours a day for water emergencies, large or small. When you are dealing with water damage, immediate action is crucial. A delay of just a few hours can greatly increase the severity of the water damage.
We Answer the Phone Ready to Help
Call Today -814-849-5653
We understand that when you call us, you may be feeling confused, stressed, and vulnerable. You need an expert to guide you through this crisis. SERVPRO of Clarion, Jefferson & Forest Counties and SERVPRO of Clearfield County has the specific water damage training and experience to help you through this tough time. We specialize in water damage restoration "in fact, it's the cornerstone of our business.
What to Expect
When you call, we will ask several questions regarding your water damage emergency. These questions will help us determine what equipment and resources to bring, including how many trained SERVPRO Professionals may be needed.
Our SERVPRO Representative will ask several questions:
- Your name and contact information
- Your insurance information (if applicable)
- The street address of the water-damaged home or business
- When did the flooding or water damage occur?
- What caused the water damage (if known)?
- Is there electricity available (on-site)?
About SERVPRO of Clarion, Jefferson & Forest Counties & SERVPRO of Clearfield County
SERVPRO of Clarion, Jefferson & Forest Counties and SERVPRO of Clearfield County specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO™s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.